Many of you have asked about sending me care packages, so here are some items that I could use. However, please know that a simple letter will bring me just as big a smile!
Shipping is expensive, so I suggest using the flat rate boxes or envelopes. Here’s a few things I could use.
- Books / I work at an elementary school, grades 1-6, and we are starting a library. Children’s books with an African context and multiple copies of easy chapter books are especially needed.
- Index cards (4 x 6) / I’m using these to make library cards for the library, so I could use a large supply.
- Markers, especially Sharpies
- Scotch tape
- Decks of cards
- Jewelry-making supplies
*I can use pretty much anything and would love to have extras to give to teachers as incentives for improvement! The only thing we have at school are blackboards and chalk.
- Baby wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Tide to go pens
- Summer sausage
- Beef jerky
- Packets of chicken that don’t need to be refrigerated
- Alfredo Sauce
- Dried fruit, especially berries
- Granola bars or protein bars
- Taco seasoning
- Any Chocolatey hard candy
- Books for my Kindle (no shipping!) / Search for my Amazon Wish List using my email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cute blouses I can wear in the city to feel pretty once in awhile
My address is:
Jessica Fryman, PCV
C/O Peace Corps/The Gambia
P.O. Box 527, Serekunda
Write “Air mail” and “Par avion” on the box too.